RADAR is a digital tool for the Rapid Assessment of Dyslexia and Abnormalities in Reading.
The RADAR solution is IP protected and CE Marked. It utilizes a laptop with advanced eye-tracking capabilities and is the world’s first fast, digital, accurate, reproducible, and objective initial assessment of dyslexia. The student reads silently expertly designed passages and answers questions related to the comprehension of the passages.
More than 25 different parameters are measured and sent to the Cloud. Within minutes, a comprehensive report is issued, enabling the therapist to detect dyslexia as part of a comprehensive evaluation. If dyslexia is confirmed, a personalized treatment plan is developed via guidance from the RADAR report.
The test has 99.3% negative predictive value which offers substantial peace of mind to students and parents alike. Most importantly, it offers not only the initial detection but due to the richness of the measurement parameters, it is the only technology that enables a personalized treatment plan based on the student’s particular areas of difficulty.
Repeat assessments indicate the level of the student’s progress and potential adjustments to the treatment plan.
RADAR is easy, fast, objective, accurate and cost effective.
RADAR has 99.3% negative predictive value which offers substantial peace of mind to students and parents alike.
Why choose RADAR
Early detection of reading difficulties is of paramount importance. The window of opportunity to help a child with reading difficulties is between 7-14 years old. RADAR can help because:
- It’s fast: lasts only 10-15 minutes
- It’s easy: involves only text reading from a computer screen, silent or loud
- It’s objective: the measurements are reproducible numerical data based on mathematical models, which are examiner independent
- It’s accurate: accuracy is currently above 95%
- It’s certified: is CE marked for all EU
- It’s non-invasive: the reader does not need to wear any device
- Can quantify the difficulty: based on a series of numerical parameters, RADAR can quantify the severity of the difficulty and provide a customized treatment plan
- Can monitor the treatment plan: can be re-administered under the exact same conditions and evaluate the effectiveness of the intervention
- It’s GDPR-compliant: abides by the Data Protection Regulations
All children are entitled, at least once in their life, to have a RADAR evaluation. By having a negative RADAR reading assessment, your child has a 99.3% probability of being non-dyslexic. [Smyrnakis et al. (2017)]
It only takes 15 to 20 minutes for a full session.
Success percentages are currently above 95%.
Can be re-administered to evaluate effectiveness of therapeutic processes.
All you need to do is read a text from a computer screen.
It’s user friendly
The reader does not need to wear or use any device.
It works with unique algorithms.
The process and measurements are examiner independent.
The reader just reads silently a text, like reading at home.
It’s for everyone
RADAR is age-free and user-free!